Every business faces risks, and it’s up to internal auditors to take the lead in evaluating them. Arm yourself with the tools and knowledge that will help you complete first-rate risk assessments. Every day, organizations require internal auditors to execute various risk assessment activities. In order to accomplish this key function, it’s critical that professionals continuously refine their skills and knowledge to assess risk.
The Internal Auditor’s Guide to Risk Assessment provides key information revealing:
- Step-by-step guidelines for conducting a risk assessment.
- How to use a risk assessment to create an audit plan.
- Merits of aligning your risk assessment to business objectives. After reading this book, staff auditors, chief audit executives, and business professionals rotating into an internal audit assignment will all gain more confidence and be prepared to conduct risk assessments.
This comprehensive guide includes a resource package with:
- Seven customizable templates for audit universe risk assessments.
- Three customizable templates for engagement risk assessments.
- Scoring criteria and definitions.
- Risk category and risk factor definitions.
- A glossary of key concepts.