A two-days seminar with an interactive serious game, practical cases, good practices and examples, brought to you by means of unique and multimedia presentations, which related to the aforementioned objectives also have an additional motto: “a day without laughter is a day wasted”.
Fraud and corruption dramatically harm the economy, public finances as well as the reputation and credibility of the institutions involved. Fraud and corruption are evolving in ever new forms, especially with the use of new technologies, these practices happen to proceed in a complex, hardly traceable way.
Fraudulent and corrupt actions in the public sector are often exceeding the financial losses directly involved, enormously impacting upon the economy and public finances as well as the reputation and credibility of the public institution. Controls, audits and Investigations, especially if not set up or performed effectively, will be cost-intensive and lengthy.
Institutions need to implement proactive measures and tools to effectively prevent and detect fraud and corruption! Therefore, public authorities need to be increasingly vigilant in setting-up anti-corruption and fraud systems and implementing appropriate policies and procedures of transparency, integrity and accountability to assist with the prevention and early detection of fraud and corruption.
(Risk) Managers, auditors and anti-corruption officers need to be aware of preventive and detective measures and strategies but also to enable and empower the employees of the institution to understand the principles and signals of fraud and corruption, how to report it and the impact thereof.
1st FRAUD seminar day - Jo Kremers, Certified Financial Auditor, Certified IT auditor, Fraud Investigator
A game aimed at knowledge gathering and refreshment of knowledge. A Game with the motto: The winner takes it all! Is it you, the manager or auditor, or is it the fraudster??
2nd FRAUD seminar day - Helen Anijalg, Certified Internal Auditor, CGAP, CCSA
A real case study and interactive role play with factsheets and documents – be ready to discover fraud and irregularities.
Topics during these two days:
- Fraud risk management as part of risk management; practical tools and guidelines
- Set up and improve your anti-fraud cycle
- The manager, the auditor, the frauditor, the fraud investigator; a mixed team, the roles, responsibilities and added value
- (New) risks, (new) kind of damages because of these
- The most important (new) instruments, methods, standards,
- (New) techniques and sources, IT tools data analysis, continuous monitoring
- What are red flags and signals of (new kinds of) fraud? How to recognize them?
- Which methods and procedures can be implemented for detection and correction?
- the weakest link in the chain
- Fraud hotlines and helpdesks: critical success factors, financing of hotlines, successful cases
- Honesty and integrity
- Regulations, practical guidelines, best practices
- Danger of new fraud patterns
- It trends and their new fraud risks
- New fraud red flags and indicators
- Misuse of information and information systems
- Fraud trend watching
- Division of tasks
- Communicating fraud and corruption findings to authorities and between them
- The components of an investigation plan
- Key elements given by the international standards on auditing
- Investigation services, their internal processes and internal (quality) control
- Cases of fraud and corruption
- Closing stories and some hints
CPE hours available: 13 CPE
Knowledge level: Intermediate
Delivery Format: Interactive seminar
Location: Park Inn by Radisson Central Tallinn, Narva mnt 7c
Participation fees: includes coffee breaks, refreshments and 3-course lunches on both days.We will send you an invoice the latest after the training.
Early bird registration until Nov, 30: 499€
Registration from December, 1: 599€
Registration for IIA Estonia members: log in at IIA Estonia home page www.siseaudit.ee , click on this Event and register.
Registration for international members: just send your registration details (name, position, company, e-mail address, billing address) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation policy: Cancellations received up to 10 business days prior to seminar will not be charged the training fee. Cancellations 5-10 business days prior to seminar will be invoiced the full training fee. Cancellations 1-5 business days prior to seminar, and no-shows, are subject to payment for the full amount. Registrant substitutions may be made at any time. Please note that if you do not cancel or do not attend, you are responsible for payment.
Contact and additional information email@example.com
- Standard room price: 70 EUR/ 1night per room
- Standard New Style price: 80 EUR/ 1 night per room
Code "IIA Estonia"
Cancellation policy for your accommodation booking at this hotel:
booking can be cancelled without a fee at least 3 days before arrival. Later cancellation is not possible and the hotel fee has to be paid in full amount.
Registreerimine Eestist osavõtjatele:
- Liikmed: logi kodulehele sisse, vali esilehel Kalendrist sündmus ning kliki punasel nupul "Registreeru". E-kirjaga saad registreerumise kinnituse ja meeldetuletuse kaks päeva enne sündmust.
- Osalemisest loobumisel logi kodulehele sisse, vali esilehel Kalendrist sündmus, kliki punasel nupul "Tühista registreerimine". E-kirjaga saad teate tühistamisest.
- Mitteliikmed peavad registreerumiseks looma konto ja lisama oma kontaktandmed arve koostamiseks. Registreerumine eelpool kirjeldatud juhise järgi.
Lisainfo ja küsimused firstname.lastname@example.org
Asukoht: Park Inn by Radisson Central Tallinn, Narva mnt 7c