Time: October 1-2, 2020
Location: Swissotel Tallinn Conference Center, Tornimäe street 3, Tallinn, Estonia
Target group: Internal auditors and CAEs
Working languages: Estonia and English
Moderator: Urmas Vaino, TV journalist and TV presenter
We are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Institute of Internal Auditors Estonia with our international annual conference.
On the first day of the annual conference, we are taking a courageous aim at the future. With the help of experts and practitioners of the business, we will discuss the possible future scenarios of Estonia up to year 2035. The second day of the conference offers an exciting exploratory trip on the trail of future internal auditors, where experts and opinion leaders from home and abroad will use their compasses to offer guidance.
On the evening of the first day of the conference, you are cordially invited to attend the official reception of the IIA Estonia Board at the nightclub Amigo.
10.30-11.00 Welcome Coffee
11.00-12.30 Session I
- Awarding of the best Research Works in the field of Accounting
- The Inevitability of a Rapid Adaptation: Internal Audit and the New Dimension – Karem Obeid, Audit Executive
13.30-15.00 Session II: “The best way to predict your future is to create it” (Peter Drucker)
- Eili Lepik – Deputy Strategy Director at Strategy Unit of the Government Office
- Tea Danilov – Head of the Foresight Centre
- Viljar Lubi – Deputy Secretary General for Economic Development at the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications
- Kersti Kõiv – Adviser at Analysis Department at the Ministry of Education and Research
15.00-15.30 Coffee Break
15.30-17.00 Session III: “The situation is shit, but it is the fertilizer of our future” (Lennart Meri)
- Jaanus Vihand, Best Leader 2019
- Lauri Luht – National Security and Defence Coordination Unit of Government Office
18.00-22.00 Reception of the IIA Estonian board in the club Amigo
9.00-10.30 Session IV: “Wisdom belongs to the past, action to the present and happiness to the future” (Chinese proverb)
- Internal audit priorities for the next decade – Pascale Vandenbussche, ECIIA Secretary General
- Panel discussion: “The past is always tense, the future perfect” (Zadie Smith)
- Heikko Mäe – Management Board Member of Coop Pank
- Apo Oja – Management System Analyst of the Ministry of Defence.
- Piret Kustasson – Head of the Internal Audit Department in Omniva
10.30-11.00 Coffee Break
11.00-12.30 Session V: “Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” (Aldous Huxley)
- Three lines of defence – Pascale Vandenbussche, ECIIA Secretary General
- Balanced Scorecard for Internal Audit: Key Performance Indicators in the Future – Jean-Pierre Garitte, CEO at IIA Belgium, Member of the Audit Progress Committee of the European Commission, Expert at the OECD/SIGMA and World Bank
13.30-15.00 Session VI: “The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth" (Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching)
- Audit of influencing activities against Estonia – Harrys Puusepp, Office Manager of Estonian Internal Security Service
- How not to be deceived? – Raul Rebane, communication consultant
IIA Estonia Member / Non Member
until 31.08.2020 incl – 275 € /375 €
since 01.09.2020 – 350 € / 450 €
We offer a discount of 10% of the non-member price to IIA Estonia partners. Registration until September 24 (incl). If the registration is cancelled before September 16 (incl), 80% of the participation fee will be refunded. Later claims will not be accepted.
Conference registration for foreigners: please fill in online registration form here
If you have technical problems opening the registration link, send your registration details to email@example.com
Continuing professional education (CPE) credits:
When you attend this conference, you are eligible for up to 10,8 CPE credits. Your CPE certificate will be emailed to you 2 to 4 weeks post-conference.
Looking forward meeting you at the Annual Conference 2020!